If you have a mobile home, you may be wondering how you can secure proper coverage to protect your property and belongings. That’s where mobile home insurance can come in handy.
Obtaining coverage specific to your mobile home is essential. In fact, a standard homeowners insurance policy will not cover your liabilities in the same way this specific policy will. There are also endorsements you can add to the policy to cater to your specific needs.
A mobile home insurance policy will provide coverage for your home and property such as the following:
· Mobile home
· Cooking appliances
· Entertainment equipment
· Personal possessions
· Attached patio and/or deck
· Storage shed or garage
Policies can cover you for the following:
· Protection for improvements
· Loss of use of your mobile home
· Personal liability protection:
o Covers losses in the event that someone or something is injured on your property. Policy pays for medical expenses for non-residents of your home and damages or defense costs as a result of covered accidental incidents.
· Coverage for your actual mobile home and any adjacent structures that are on your premises:
o Covered from all forms of loss including fire, windstorm damage, damage from falling objects, lightning and explosions.
· Personal property protection:
o Covers losses for removable property such as electronic equipment, bicycles, furniture and clothing.
Consider purchasing these endorsements for added protection:
· Worldwide coverage: Protection for your personal belongings if they are lost, stolen or damaged when traveling to another permanent location.
· Fire department charges: This policy provides reimbursement for charges incurred if your mobile home is located in an area that is not serviced by a fire department.
· Extended coverage: Used for valuables, such as jewelry, furs and heirlooms. Extended coverage for electronics.
· Emergency removal: Moving your mobile home if an oncoming disaster (e.g., fire, tornado) threatens your home and safety. Policy pays for you to move to another location.
· Trip collision: Protection for use when moving your mobile home to another permanent location.
· Water backup: Protects against damage resulting from water backups through your sewer, drains or sump pumps.
· Additional dwelling rented to others
· Identity theft insurance
These are just examples of additional endorsements and are not exhaustive. Some policies may offer other additional endorsements. If you want to ensure that your home and belongings are protected is to secure adequate mobile home insurance.